A Landing Page is a standalone web page that has been purposefully designed to guide a visitor down a singular path toward taking a specific, well-defined action. Landing Pages with the best conversion rates convey their unique value proposition (UVP), eliminate distractions, and provides a frictionless experience that makes it easy to convert. A Landing Page should ideally include a compelling header, interesting copy, minimal navigation, and an optimized call to action (CTA).
An Interactive Landing Page entices the visitor to actively participate in the experience by willingly sharing personalized information in return for them receiving targeted, real-time results that are tailored to them and their business.
Interactive Landing Page Strategies:
1. Interactive Landing Pages most often include attention grabbing things like assessments, calculators, configurators, comparisons, solution finders, quizzes, surveys, contests, etc., which are very effective at actively engaging and educating the visitor in a more meaningful and compelling way, differentiating the product/service/brand from the competition, generating more qualified leads, and being shared.
Interactive content differentiates brands 30% more effectively than static content.
2. Interactive Landing Pages grab the visitor’s attention right from the start. After being encouraged to participate in an activity that includes answering questions, making choices, exploring scenarios, etc., their anticipation about immediately seeing a relevant, personalized outcome that they had a hand in creating will help sustain their attention and become more committed to seeing what comes next.
3. Each action a visitor takes on the Interactive Landing Page leaves a data footprint that offers up a more robust, accurate, valuable, contextual profile on that visitor. Having more detailed information that was given and not gathered on the visitor’s persona, demographics, firmographics, etc. enables a whole new level of marketing-driven lead qualification and sales enablement. The purchase intent of the visitor can be segmented more accurately for sales follow-up. Follow-up marketing content can be tailored to speak directly to new prospect, meeting them at their point of interest with more relevant, persuasive, and hyper-specific information.
4. To yield higher conversion rates and generate more qualified leads, a two-screen (i.e. two-page) approach is the most effective design for Interactive Landing Pages. This two-step process builds momentum, with the visitor becoming more emotionally invested in the process of willingly submitting information to receive the next promised reward. In addition to the visitor feeling a sense of ownership for the personalized results being presented, this two-way exchange also allows you the opportunity to come across as more intelligent about the visitor’s specific interests, needs, and desires — which in turn will compel them to take action on a premium bonus offered at the end. (Know that even if the visitor doesn’t convert, they will still have been introduced to your product/service/brand in a positive and memorable way.)
Moving from a one-step to a two-step process, the information is processed better by the visitor and is perceived as more relevant. Having a more gradual presentation where everything isn’t immediately disclosed all at once, will more likely pique the visitor’s curiosity and move them to take action, increasing conversion rates by about 30%.
5. With a two-screen Interactive Landing Page approach, you’re getting small yesses (small commitments like completing the survey Form to see some personalized results without going through a gating process of providing their contact info) from the visitor on the first screen, gaining their trust. Once on the path, there is a greater likelihood of gaining bigger yesses (like them volunteering their contact info and converting in order to receive a personalized high-value Offer) on the second screen.
Switching from a one-step to a two-step process results in a relative increase of about 30% in conversion rates. Without fully disclosing everything immediately, the visitor’s curiosity gets piqued and moves them to take action.
6. With a two-screen Interactive Landing Page format, the second screen can be customized with unique content tailored to visitor’s needs and their stage in the buyer’s journey. By reframing the context of your product/solution/brand messaging so it’s customized based the information submitted by the visitor, you’re creating a more personalized experience. Consider using a smart CTA that relies on the data the visitor provides in order to personalize the Offer and CTA message, making it more unique for that visitor.
7. In a two-screen format, having a back button as an element on the second screen kills conversion rates because it encourages the visitor to go back to the first screen and not convert. The visitor always has the option to use the back arrow on the browser’s navigation bar.
8. Overall, Interactive Landing Pages can have a longer shelf life than typical Landing Pages that focus on a single promotion or marketing campaign. As long as the functional benefit of the Interactive Landing Page remains relevant and has repeat value to visitor, it can be an evergreen asset.
Cogent ROI creates Interactive Landing Pages that are optimized for conversion and lead generation. These Interactive Landing Pages are designed to engage the visitor by first presenting a clear picture of the calculated financial benefits they would realize using the featured product or service. Then, to build on this initial engagement and momentum, the visitor is given an incentive to volunteer their contact info with an offer to receive additional high-value content. The contact info on those visitors that accept this offer and convert is sent into our client’s CRM for immediate sales and marketing follow-up.